Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 0 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Salary Range: 11.00 to 13.00 / Hourly (overtime Available)
Willing to Travel: Yes
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
New Construction Apprentice will be assigned to a licensed Journeyman. The Journeyman will provide on the job HVAC training. As well as safety and policy training.
Helpers will be assigned to an area to offer assistance to other workers. This position may or may not evolve into an Apprentice situation. Duties and responsibilities are similar.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helping to install various commercial, residential and Industrial HVAC systems sometimes in confined or high places
- Hang and seal all HVAC duct work/equipment level and with attention to detail and appearance
- Work closely with all other workers and supervisors while maintaining a polite professional attitude
- Arrive on time and ready to work with a positive attitude. Attend all meetings and training including a monthly 7 am meeting
- Adhere to codes, OSHA standards and all safety and handbook policies. Including maintaining and organizing company vehicles and property in good working order
Heartland Heating & Cooling, LLC maintains a non-smoking work environment including shop, vehicles and all work locations
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Valid Iowa Driver’s License
- Must have the necessary physical stamina; to include, but not limited to, long-term overhead HVAC work
- Must be able to lift overhead up to 25 lbs several times per week. If lifting more than 75 lbs-request assistance.
- Must be able to work for extended hours or work days
- Must be careful during work to avoid injury (squatting, bending, ladders and stair safety,etc.)
- Must be able to work with powered construction tools (electric snips, sawzall, drills etc.)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to pass drug screen at any given time during employment
- Clean and respectable appearance on jobsite to include Heartland attire (t-shirt and/or sweatshirt)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Beneift
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation time accruals
- Tool Account- with payroll deduction option.
- Monthly training/safety meetings
- Promoting within
- Additional education options available
- Company shirts/sweatshirts
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.